Our weekly roundup of archives-related news from around the globe
- On Friday, the first day of a new round of preliminary negotiations in Havana, the Colombian Guerilla organization FARC demanded of the government that it should declassify the secret archives regarding the longest running armed conflict in Latin America. Link to the article (in French).
- Documenting India’s Villages Before They Vanish (The Atlantic)
- Local Timbuktu Workers Rebuild Shrines Flattened by Al-Qaeda (Artnet)
- An interview with investigative journalist Pierre Péan on the declassification of the Rwanda Genocide Archives. Link to the article (in French).
- Preserving the Ghastly Inventory of Auschwitz (New York Times)
- A new archives building for Georgia’s records. A new, modern building has opened today that will house precious archived records earlier preserved in the Kvemo Kartli region of Georgia.