Our weekly roundup of archives-related news from around the globe
- “Library travels in Bulgaria,” by Ryder Kouba (SAA’s International Archival Affairs Roundtable Blog) (15 June 2015).
- “Minister of Defence Declared Documents on Activities of the 37th Motorized Brigade of the Yugoslav Army in Kosovo Top Secret,” Humanitarian Law Center (15 June 2015).
- “Switzerland explores mandatory human rights monitoring,” by Dorothée Baumann-Pauly (NYU: Stern Center for Business and Human Rights) (17 June 2015).
Recent Publications and Resources of Interest
- Downey, Anthony, ed., Dissonant Archives: Contemporary Visual Culture and Contested Narratives in the Middle East (Ibraaz Series) (I. B. Tauris: 30 July 2015).
- Grenz, Wolfgang, Julian Lehmann, and Stefan Keßler, Schiffbruch: Das Versagen der europäischen Flüchtlingspolitik [Shipwreck: The Failure of European Refugee Policy] (Droemer-Knaur: 4 May 2015).
- Leff, Lisa Moses, The Archive Thief: The Man Who Salvaged French Jewish History in the Wake of the Holocaust (Oxford University Press: 7 July 2015).
- New SALAM Repository item: “Crowdfunding and Collection Development” by Jesús Alonso-Regalado (15 June 2015).
- “Special Section on Bioethics and the Right to Health,” Health and Human Rights Journal, Vol. 17, Issue 1 (June 2015).
The Digital Library Federation (DLF) Annual Meeting, Vancouver, BC (26-28 October 2015)
- The Conference Program is available at: http://www.diglib.org/forums/2015forum/
- Call for Proposals Deadline: 22 June 2015.
ICA-Section on Archival Education and Training (SAE) Annual Conference, University of Maryland, College Park (12 July 2015)
- The conference program is available at: http://www.ica-sae.org/
- Deadline: 26 June 2015