Our weekly roundup of archives-related news from around the globe
[The deadline to submit your vote is July 15th.]
- “ICA President David Fricker’s intervention at the 9th International Seminar of Archives of Iberian Tradition in Quito, Ecuador,” (10 July 2015).
- “Secretary-General Launches 2015 Millennium Development Goals Report at Start of High-level Political Forum’s Ministerial Segment,” UN: Meetings Coverage and Press Releases (6 July 2015).
- Sophie Mattson, “San Jose State’s Japanese internment camp archives to be digitized,” SAN JOSE MERCURY NEWS (2 July 2015).
- See, The Project: “CSU Japanese American History Digitization Project: A Collaborative Digital History Project of the California State University Libraries”.
- See also, 2015 SAA Annual Meeting: “Japanese-American Confinement Collections Symposium,” (Wed., Aug. 19th, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM).
- Venice Buhain, “Densho gets federal grant for archive of Japanese American internment” THE SEATTLE GLOBALIST (17 June 2015).
Recent Publications and Resources of Interest
- Berger, Iris; Tricia Redeker Hepner; Benjamin N. Lawrance, Joanna T. Tague and Meredith Terretta, eds., AFRICAN ASYLUM AT A CROSSROADS: ACTIVISM, EXPERT TESTIMONY, AND REFUGEE RIGHTS (Ohio University Press: 28 May 2015).
- “Engaging U.N. Special Procedures to Advance Human Rights at Home: A Guide for U.S. Advocates,” THE HUMAN RIGHTS INSTITUTE, THE COLUMBIA LAW SCHOOL (July 2015).
- Kruse, Kevin M., ONE NATION UNDER GOD: HOW CORPORATE AMERICA INVENTED CHRISTIAN AMERICA (Basic Books: 14 April 2015). Interview: NPR Books (30 March 2015).
- Rupprecht, Nancy and Wendy Koenig, eds., GLOBAL PERSPECTIVES ON THE HOLOCAUST: HISTORY, IDENTITY, LEGACY (Cambridge Scholars Press: 6 January 2015).
Upcoming Conferences, Events, and Workshops
- “Democratic Access or Privileged Exclusion?,” A Workshop on the Preservation of and Access to Refugee Archives at the University of East London (13 July 2015 from 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM).
- SAA ARCHIVES 2015: Call for Pop-Up Session Proposals. [Deadline: 11:59 PM, Central Time, Fri., 17 July 2015].
- Call for Papers (CFP): “Futures of Intellectual History: A Graduate Student Conference,” New York University (23-24 October 2015). [Deadline: 13 July 2015].
- CFP: “Reconsidering Democracy and the Nation State in a Global Perspective,” Leiden University Institute of History, Netherlands (14-16 January 2016). [Deadline: 1 September 2016].
- CFP: “Central Europe and Colonialism: Migrations, Knowledges, Perspectives, Commodities,” Wrocław, Poland (21-23 September 2016). [Deadline: 30 September 2015].