Applications for Itinerant Archivists Trip to Ecuador 2015
[Deadline: Monday, 20 July 2015.]
- With the support of the Society of American Archivists’ International Archival Affairs Roundtable (IAART) and Latin American and Caribbean Cultural Heritage Archives Roundtable (LACCHA) the Itinerant Archivists, a newly-formed, grassroots, self-funded and independent group organized to promote international peer-to-peer exchange, are planning a trip to Ecuador for U.S. archivists to engage with Ecuadorian archivists and community activists, to visit archival repositories and see collection materials, and to help preserve and make accessible unique documents of Ecuador’s history and culture. We hope you’ll join us!
- The announcement attached to the application includes trip details, including planned activities, costs, takeaways and opportunities for participation even if you can’t travel.
- We only have a few spots left. Therefore, please make sure to fill out your application by Monday, July 20th. Application: http://tinyurl.com/k5fm6ax
- Please direct any your questions to the trip co-organizers Natalie Baur, Francine Snyder or Christian Kelleher.
We look forward to seeing you with us!
Our weekly roundup of archives-related news from around the globe
- “International copyright reform for libraries and archives held back by EU,” ICA: Secretariat News and Events (10 July 2015).
- James Reinl, “UN laments ‘extreme times’ as two Arab sites join World Heritage List,” MIDDLE EAST EYE (9 July 2015).
- Diack Momar Seck, “Moderniser la gestion des archives au Sénégal : une condition de l’émergence économique” LACTUACHO.COM (29 June 2015). Translation: Diack Momar Seck, “Senegal to modernize the management of archives: a condition for economic emergence” LACTUACHO.COM (29 June 2015).
Recent Publications and Resources of Interest
- Abel, Jessamyn R., THE INTERNATIONAL MINIMUM: CREATIVITY AND CONTRADICTION IN JAPAN’S GLOBAL ENGAGEMENT, 1933-1964 (University of Hawai’i: June 2015). Interview: WEATHERHEAD EAST ASIAN INSTITUTE, COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY (13 July 2015).
- “Séverine Autesserre Honored for Her Latest Book, PEACELAND: CONFLICT RESOLUTION AND THE EVERYDAY POLITICS OF INTERNATIONAL INTERVENTION,” Advanced Consortium on Cooperation, Conflict, and Complexity at the EARTH INSTITUTE, COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY (13 July 2015).
- Schrank, Delphine, THE REBEL OF RANGOON: A TALE OF DEFIANCE AND DELIVERANCE IN BURMA (Nation Books: 14 July 2015)
Upcoming Conferences, Events, and Workshops
- Funding Program for Remembrance of Forced Labor and Forgotten Victims – Remembrance of National Socialist Injustice, FOUNDATION REMEMBRANCE, RESPONSIBILITY AND FUTURE [Deadline: 15 October 2015.]
- CFP: Zones of Violence: An Invitation to Potential Contributors, HISTORICAL MEMORY AND JUSTICE NETWORK [Deadline: Open.]