* Session reviews from the SAA meeting 2015 now available on the SNAP blog! (Includes a summary of Session 508: The Role of Archives & Archivists in the Search for Truth and Reconciliation)
* Itinerant Archivist Update: The inaugural group of Itinerant Archivists are currently traveling in Ecuador! To learn more about the project, and to follow the activities online, see the most recent LACCHA post.
Our weekly roundup of archives-related news from around the globe
Upcoming Conferences, Events, and Workshops
* Join a Tweet-up with ProjectARCC & SustainRT on sustainability in libraries and archives on October 19 at 1pm ET!
On Monday, October 19, 2015 at 1pm ET, ProjectARCC (Archivists Responding to Climate Change) and ALA’s SustainRT (Sustainability Roundtable) are co-hosting a tweet-up to discuss how we as archivists and librarians can reduce our professional carbon footprint and implement sustainable practices in our institutions. We invite you to participate by using #SustainLIS and by following @projectARCC and @ALA_SustainRT on Twitter.
About ProjectARCC: On Earth Day in 2015, a group of alarmed archivists founded ProjectARCC, a task force with a mission to motivate the archival community to affect climate change. We believe that as those responsible for the preservation of history for future generations, we should be as passionate and concerned about preserving a safe and habitable planet for ours and future generations.
About SustainRT: SustainRT is a new round table under the American Library Association. In the face of pressing climate disruption, the group was formed from an urgent ‘Call to Action’ within the library profession. The need: A unified effort to address the new millennium’s environmental, economic and social sustainability challenges. The group offers resources for the library community to support sustainability through curriculum development; collections; exhibits; events; advocacy, and library buildings. They also offer a free webinar series which is open to all.
* The International Institute for Archival Science of Trieste and Maribor and the State Archives of Trieste and Alma Mater Europaea –European Centre Maribor and CEI from Trieste kindly invite you to take part in the 25th International Archival Day, on the 19th and 20th October 2015, in NH Hotel, c. Cavour 7 in Trieste/Italy
Recent Publications and Resources of Interest
* ProjectARCC members have also been compiling resources into a Climate Change Syllabus. This is a great way to get started on researching climate change, dig in deeper, and/or get on the same page as your fellow archivists concerned about the impacts of climate change. You can find it here: http://projectarcc.org/climate-change-syllabus/