Our weekly roundup of archives-related news from around the globe
- UNESCO adds Aleppo Codex to registry of world treasures (The Times of Israel, Feb 10, 2016).
- Project Hoaxmap: A new online portal defending refugees in Germany against discriminating rumors (in German, Tagesspiegel online, 2/11/2016).
- A new archive documenting the work of independent theaters in Germany is established at the University of Hildesheim (in German, OZ online, 2/11/2016).
- British Parliament ends use of parchment for austerity purposes (New York Times, 2/10/2016)
- “Archiving Governance in Palestine” by Caitlin M. Davis in the Journal of Contemporary Archival Studies
Publications and Resources of Interest
- Call for Book Proposals: I.B.Tauris welcomes monograph proposals on subjects related to African history and politics: http://tinyurl.com/zayhga
- Just published: ICA HRWG News 2016-01
- ICA Section of Professional Associations newsletter 2015, no. 2, and 2016, no. 1. newsletter 2015, no. 2, and 2016, no. 1.
Upcoming Conferences, Events, and Workshops
The International Association of Sound and Audiovisual Archives (IASA)
announces that its 2016 annual conference will be hosted 24 through 29
September by the Library of Congress in Washington DC, USA. Call for papers will be issued soon. Call for papers will be issued imminently. Visit the IASA conference website for details as they develop at: http://2016.iasa-web.org
Konf: The Authenticity of Collections. An international and interdisciplinary symposium on authenticity, recording and digitization of collections – Marburg 03/16, more information at H Soz-Kult, http://www.hsozkult.de/event/id/termine-30112
- Announcement: Seminar on Archival and Historical Research at the Center for Jewish History (23-26 May 2016) [Deadline: 31 March 2016].