Our weekly roundup of archives-related news from around the globe
- The Society of American Archivists’ Students and New Archives Professionals Roundtable and SAA’s International Archival Affairs Roundtable together with the American Library Association’s International Relations Roundtable will be co-sponsoring a webinar this month on opportunities for archivists and librarians in the Fulbright program, This webinar will be held March 14, 2016 at 2:00pm CST / 3:00pm EST. To join the meeting: http://ala.adobeconnect.com/r8nn7myb0pe/
- The National Association of Italian Archivists – ANAI to ask you to sustain the initiative “GET INSPIRED BY ARCHIVES (14th-19th March 2016).” See http://www.archivisti2016.it/index-en.html, French version at http://new.archivisti2016.it/version-francaise). ANAI is asking the international community (personally or as institution) to join this initiative by signing the ‘manifesto’ at the following address: http://new.archivisti2016.it/sottoscrizioni
- Call for papers for the first two issues of new journal called Revista Photo & Documento Convocatoria, with submissions accepted in Portuguese, Spanish, and English. Deadline for first issue: March 12, 2016, deadline for second issue July 2, 2016. For more information go to the following site (in Portuguese) Revista Photo & Documento http://www.gpaf.info/2016/02/rede-fotoarq-lancara-revista.html
- The municipal archives of Lisbon is organizing the Jornadas Iberoamericanas de Archivos Municipales as part of the International Day of Archives to share experiences and information between Portuguese, Spanish and Latin American municipal archives, from June 1st to June 3, 2016 in Lisbon Portugal. The program can be found at Jornadas Iberoamericanas de Archivos Municipales
Publications and Resources of Interest
- ICA’s Multilingual Archival Terminology (MAT) http://www.ciscra.org/mat/ translates at least 300+ archival terms into 24 languages with Russian being the latest addition. This tool will prove useful for metadata and subject headings.
- Celebrating 150 years of Paris students engaging internationally, there will be 6 weeks of exhibits and discussions in Paris about the overall significance of students and their collective memories in local, national and international history. A public round-table on April 15th will discuss appraisal and appreciation of student organization records. Please use the following French link, plus d’infos ici, to check out their newsletter.
- The Refugee Council Archive at the University of East London hosts a Refugee Archives & History Group Discussion and its e-mail discussion list at REFUGEE-ARCHIVES-HISTORY-GROUP@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Upcoming Conferences, Events, and Workshops
- Conferencia Profesor Ramón Alberch i Fugueras sobre “Tipologías de archivos generados por los estados para afrontar el desafío de los derechos humanos,” Archivo Nacional de Chile, March 11 2016, http://www.archiverossinfronteras.cl/
- Freeze! Challenge the Hierarchy: Researcher, Artist, User! A conference organized by the Executive Committee of SIBMAS (the international network of cultural heritage) and the Danish Organisational Committee in Copenhagen, 31 May – 3 June 2016, The Royal Library Copenhagen, please go to the site for details: http://www.sibmas.org/conferences/copenhagen2016/