Our weekly roundup of archives-related news from around the globe
- Article on the emerging Nuit Debout movement archives: Dans les archives en temps réel de Nuit debout, 9-5-2016
Publications and Resources of Interest
- Clio-Guide. Ein Handbuch zu digitalen Ressourcen für die Geschichtswissenschaften (in German), especially the chapter on archives by Frank M. Bichoff, http://guides.clio-online.de/guides/sammlungen/archive/2016
- New online archive on disability rights movement in German-speaking countries, http://www.archiv-behindertenbewegung.org/
Upcoming Conferences, Events, and Workshops
- Winter School Archives and Education (Sunday 29Th January) Monday January 30th – Friday 3rd February 2017 in Ypres.
To assist in the professional development of archivist and education officers FARO in collaboration with The National Archives (UK) organized in 2014 the Summer School in Archives & Education and in 2015 the Winter School Archives and Education, a digital perspective. These training events were a success and the participants found it a unique experience, see some pictures of the summer school here and the winter school here. Under the motto ‘never change a winning team’ FARO and The National Archives (UK) has organized the Winter School in Archives & Education from Monday January 30th – Friday February 3rd 2017 in Ypres (Belgium).
During the Winter School we will work around the First World War, peace and post-war reconstruction as central themes.
Detailed information about the process of this Summer School and all the practical information you will find in this document: http://www.faronet.be/files/bijlagen/kalender/winter_school.pdf
- The Blinken Open Society Archives is pleased to announce its first Open Access Fellowship dedicated to Aaron Swartz. The Libraries have been leading the efforts to promote open access scholarship, we would like Archival Institutions to join the movement.
Fellowship is for a period of three months, starting between September 2016 and January 2017. Deadline is July 17, 2016. More information at:
Blinken Open Society Archives, Budapest, Hungary
- Prime Time Nationalism | The Role of Television Broadcasts/Archives in the Aftermath of the Yugoslav Wars, May 13-14, Budapest: http://www.osaarchivum.org/events/Prime-Time-Nationalism-Role-Television-BroadcastsArchives-Aftermath-Yugoslav-Wars-1
A conference and workshop organized by the Donald and Vera Blinken Open Society Archives (OSA) at Central European University (CEU) with support from CEU Conferences and Academic Events Fund (CAEF)