Our weekly roundup of archives-related news from around the globe
- Thousand year-old Silk Road manuscripts found in Afghanistan.
- UCLA has partnered with St. Catherine’s Monastery (Egypt) to digitize and showcase manuscripts.
- The author of The Bad-Ass Librarians of Timbuktu was interviewed by National Geographic.
- The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation has posted a radio interview from 1964 on the origins of the CBC archives.
- The National Archives of Finland are developing OCR for handwriting
- IFLA has an interesting report from the Center of Technical Processes and Preservation Coordination of Preservation, Biblioteca Nacional in Brazil.
Upcoming Conferences, Events, and Workshops
- The Royal Society of Archivists in the Netherlands is holding their jubilee conference this week (16th and 17th). The hashtag for the conference is #KVAN125
- SAA Pop-Up Session — Vote Closes June 20th.