- Archivos para la historia, España requiere una norma precisa para regular la desclasificación de documentos, EL PAÍS, Dec 22, 2016, http://elpais.com/elpais/2016/12/09/opinion/1481291788_826019.html
- Truth and reconciliation centre in Winnipeg to get $10M from feds, CBS News, Dec 15, 2016, http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/trc-centre-winnipeg-1.3898651
- Die Stasi und die Computer, Deutschlandradio Kultur, Dec. 7, 2016, article on computer use at the Stasi agency, http://www.deutschlandradiokultur.de/ddr-digital-die-stasi-und-die-computer.976.de.html?dram:article_id=373393.
- Blog on ethical and legal issues with the digitization of records of the German federal police, BKA, Bürgerrechte und Polizei, blog, October 26, 2016, https://www.cilip.de/2016/10/https://www.cilip.de/2016/10/
- December 19 Newsletter, Human Rights Archives Roundtable/Section, http://www2.archivists.org/groups/human-rights-archives-roundtable
- The American Historical Review now has a feature: Digital Primary Sources featuring freely accessible online collections of primary sources. http://ahr.oxfordjournals.org/content/121/5/1807.short
- Online-Atlas on the History of Humanitarianism and Human Rights,
- Patricia Grimsted, “Displaced Pan-European Cultural Valuables on the Eastern Front: Seventy Years after the Second World War.” Amsterdam: International Institute of Social History, 2016; “IISG Research Papers,” no. 53. Electronic version (free PDF file): https://socialhistory.org/en/publications/displaced-pan-european-cultural-valuables-eastern-front.
- (Publication about the research of Patricia Kennedy Grimsted on the Pan-European Cultural Valuables that got displaced during the Second World War and ended up in Eastern Europe after the war. On the occasion of her eightieth birthday Dr Grimsted reviewed her quarter-of-a-century archival research into where those valuables went to and how they got back to their place of origin … or not.)
- The December edition of the PERICLES FP7 newsletter is out now: http://eepurl.com/ctfP39
In this last issue of 2016 we celebrate a year of achievements with the final project conference and recent results.
Call for Papers:
- Archives and Records Association, UK and Ireland
Annual Conference: 30 Aug – 1 Sept 2017, Manchester, UK
Call for Papers: ‘Challenge the Past. Set the Agenda.’
The deadline for submission of proposals is Tuesday 31 January 2017.
Full details of the conference call for papers is found at http://conference.archives.org.uk