Our weekly roundup of archives-related news from around the globe.
- An article on the completion of the repatriation of Suriname’s archives: Suriname heeft zijn archief eindelijk weer complete, Jan 27, 2017.
- Drama in Archives, part 3, IISG News, https://socialhistory.org/en/news/drama-archives-3
- Dispute over ‘patriotism’ delays opening of Gdańsk’s new war museum , The Guardian, January 28, 2017
Expression of Solidarity from Canada: ACA-AAQ Joint Statement on the Executive Order Restricting Entry into the US.
- SAA Statement on the Executive Order Restricting Entry into the United States by Individuals from Seven Muslim-Majority Countries.
- Digital Historiography of the Holocaust. A special EHRI work package has been set up to investigate the challenges of researching the Holocaust using digital tools.https://www.ehri-project.eu/digital-historiography-holocaust
Programs, calls for applications
- The Programme Commission (PCOM) invites ICA members to apply for funding and endorsement for archives and records management projects. http://www.ica.org/en/invitation-apply-pcom-project-funding-and-endorsement
- From from the Human Rights Archives newsletter: Librarians and Archivists with Palestine’s 2017 “One Book, Many Communities” Initiative