Our weekly news roundup from around the globe.
- The UNESCO PERSIST guidelines have been endorsed by ICA, IFLA, and ICOM
- The preservation of railway archives in Sierra Leone
- Archives World Map is a project with the goal of mapping every archival institution in the world, add yours!
- The January 2017 ICA Human Rights Working Group newsletter has been released
- US Congressman James McGovern (D-MA) has asked El Salvador to open their archives on their civil war (1980-1992)
- German experts weigh-in on the impact of opening the Colonia Dignidad in Chile
- An article on the failings of the French in opening the repatriated archives from Algeria
- A short video on the State Archives of Geneva
- Moldova will digitize its Parliamentary archives and library
- A French audio discussion on whether archives should be sheltered from political change