Our weekly news roundup from around the globe
- Wired provides a rare look into the Stasi archives. For anyone interested in the Stasi archives, Stasiland and The File: A Personal History are good books on the subject.
- Croatia will open its pre-1990 archives after parliament passes a new law.
- SAA’s Issue & Advocacy Section has an interesting post on archiving the history war crimes
- “The Conversation” has launched a database which documents 36,000 slave voyages between 1514 and 1866.
- Short article discussion Iran’s National Archives and its 3 million files
- UK National Archives has a post on what websites they collect during national elections
- “The Conversation” has another archives-related post uncovering the hidden gems of the State Archives of the NSW