*SAA Council Approves Statement on Removal of ISIS Records from Iraq NY Times Reporter, June 12, 2018, https://www2.archivists.org/statements/statement-on-removal-of-isis-records-from-iraq-by-new-york-times-reporterproves “Statement on Removal of ISIS Records from Iraq by New York Times Reporter”
International Archives Day 2018, a mosaic
* International Archives Day 2018 interactive map:
* Egypt: Sadat Museum: https://sadat-museum.site123.me/
* Gabon: Nous avons débutés les activités de la “Journée” le 7 et 8 Juin par des formations sur les fondamentaux dans les sciences documentaires (Archivistique, Bibliothéconomie et la Documentation), les principes archivistiques, la gestion d’un service d’archives et le patrimoine documentaire. ces formation étaient données par les agents des archives nationales du Gabon, les membres de l’Association des Documentalistes du Gabon (ADG) et un représentant de l’Unesco. une soixantaine de professionnels des administrations publiques et privées ont pris part à ces formations qui se se sont déroulé aux archives nationales du Gabon.
* CWGC (Commonwealth War Graves Commission) Casualty Archive joins UN heritage register, Centenary New, http://www.centenarynews.com/article/cwgc-casualty-archive-joins-un-heritage-register
*Wiping off the Dust for International Archives Day, The daily Star, Lebanon, June 9, 2018, http://www.dailystar.com.lb/Arts-and-Ent/Culture/2018/Jun-09/452608-wiping-off-the-dust-for-international-archives-day.ashx
*Lagos, Nigeria: Stakeholders Call for Passage of Data Protection Law, Business day, June 12, 2018, http://www.businessdayonline.com/morecompanies/technology/article/stakeholders-call-passage-data-protection-law/
* Video from the AIA of Israel for IAD 2018: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=872yFzUDf-E&t=23s or from here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FeECrvC_5g3vUewG1OvBrUVVelZMsKEu/view
*Thimphu, Bhutan: international Archives Day Observed, http://www.kuenselonline.com/international-archives-day-observed/
Access to Memory (AtoM Foundation)
We are pleased to announce the establishment of the Access to Memory (AtoM) Foundation, a federally incorporated, community-driven, soliciting non-profit body. The Foundation was established to oversee and support the development, sustainability and adoption of Access to Memory (AtoM) as a multilingual, multi-repository open source application for standards-based archival description and access. The Foundation’s primary focus will be on leading the planning and development of AtoM 3, a successor version of the current software.
We believe a non-profit foundation is the best way to provide governance and promote community involvement in the development and maintenance of AtoM 3. AtoM is not just a software tool, it is an open-source project. Being open-source has profound implications for how software is developed, released, documented and made available to communities of users around the world. The Foundation wants to give organizations that use AtoM, or who are considering using AtoM, a stake in how the software evolves.
The Foundation will lead the development of AtoM 3 by soliciting funds from members and others to rewrite the software so that its sustainability is assured and its overall functionality enhanced while reflecting the descriptive needs of the archival community.
The Foundation also wants to support future migration from AtoM 2 to AtoM 3 to ensure users of the software can continue to rely on their current instances of AtoM while feeling confident that the development of a new version does not mean they will be left behind.
We are now accepting institutional and individual memberships. For more information about the Foundation, please visit our website.
Calls/deadlines for applications
* ICA Yaounde 2018 Call for Posters: APPLICATION DEADLINE: 30 JUNE 2018
The ICA YAOUNDE 2018 Programme Committee now invites submissions for the Poster Exhibition, to be presented at the conference venue in the Exhibition Area.
From those submitted during the application period, 15 posters will be chosen and displayed at the Conference. Presenters will have the opportunity to explain their posters and interact with attendees.
For information on Eligibility, Requirements, and Process, see https://www.ica.org/en/ica-yaounde-2018-call-for-posters
* Please note that the deadline for applications to the Centre for Archive and Information Studies (CAIS) at the University of Dundee to enrol on a PGDip/MLitt/MSc programme in September 2018 is July 6th. CAIS offers Masters degrees and single courses for continuing professional development, all by online distance learning. Please see below or look at our website for more information on our programmes and details of how to apply – http://www.dundee.ac.uk/cais
* Subject: Konf: “Archive und Museen des Exils”. Jahrestagung der Gesellschaft für Exilforschung e. V. – Frankfurt am Main 09/18, http://www.dnb.de/DE/DEA/Veranstaltungen/veranstaltungen_node.html