Our weekly news roundup from around the globe
– SAA annual meeting 2018
We will hold this year’s annual meeting of the International Archival Section jointly with the Latin American and Caribbean Heritage Archives Section in the Marriott Wardman Park conference hotel on Friday, August 17, 2018, from 11:00 AM to 12:15 PM.
We will announce election results, report on our activities in the previous year, and hear from two visiting international speakers, one from each section. And LACCHA is celebrating its 10th anniversary this year! It promises to be a rewarding session!
More information can be found on our microsite.
Looking forward to seeing everyone on August 17th!
– IAAS elections 2018
We are holding elections for two open positions this year:
- Junior co-chair – Two-year term (one year as junior co-chair, and one year as senior co-chair)
- Member-at-large – Three-year term
Please read the candidates’ statements and biographical sketches at the Elections 2018 webpage on our microsite, and then vote for one candidate for each position. Eligible members were sent unique links to the ballots via Survey Monkey. Ballots will remain open until July 17, 2018.
Thank you for voting in this year’s election!
IAAS Steering Committee
– Diversity of Data: Resource Description & Access in the international context – one-day conference is organized by the RDA Board and will be held on 23 August 2018 at the National Library of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur.
– 70 years of design drawings saved in an automaker’s archive in Germany. Efforts currently underway to digitize the holdings.
– Vatican archives welcoming new archivist from Portugal.
– A new book features the “world’s most beautiful libraries.”