* Accomplishing More Together: Volunteer to Serve on an SAA Appointed Group
SAA remains a vibrant and relevant organization because members contribute their time and expertise to benefit the profession. SAA Vice President/President-Elect Michelle Light invites you to volunteer to serve on an SAA appointed group! Numerous positions on various committees and boards are available, with terms starting in August 2019. To learn more about the appointments process, review the positions available, and submit your volunteer form, see the Call for Volunteers. Apply by January 19.
* ICA Human Rights Working Groups News, December 2018, https://www.ica.org/en/hrwg-newsletter-november-2018
* Nouvelles du patrimoine documentaire – Documentary Heritage News – Vol. 12 no 16, http://documentary-heritage-news.blogspot.com/
* Archives Portal Europe Foundation newsletter number 21, December 2018: http://www.archivesportaleuropefoundation.eu/images/apef_newsletter/apef_newsletter_21_dec_lq.pdf
* Knapp 43,000 mail Einsicht in Stasi Akten verlangt, Der Tagesspiegel, December 23, 2018, https://www.tagesspiegel.de/berlin/archiv-in-lichtenberg-knapp-43-000-mal-einsicht-in-stasi-akten-beantragt/23795180.html
(Article about continuing popular interest in reviewing personal Stasi records).
Kafka’s Last Trial by Benjamin Balint, review in the NYT, Oct. 24, 2018: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/24/books/review/benjamin-balint-kafkas-last-trial.html
Call for Papers on Community and Small Archives
A special issue of Global Knowledge, Memory and Communication requests papers that explore the nature and use of community and small archives, their collections and management, and their place in the wider cultural heritage industries. Practitioner perspectives and case studies are especially encouraged. Read the full call. Deadline: February 15.