Founded in 2013 as the International Archival Affairs Round Table, the International Archival Affairs Section (renamed in 2017 following an SAA-wide reorganization) identifies and addresses issues and concerns of archives and archivists throughout the world; provides a forum for discussion, dissemination and promotion of issues related to international archival affairs.
Steering Committee 2019-2020:
* Tewodros Abebe, Senior Co-Chair (Senior Archivist, Howard University)
* Margarita Vargas-Betancourt, Junior Co-Chair (Latin American & Caribbean Special Collections Curator, University of Florida)
* Mark Peterson, Steering Committee Member at-Large (Head Archivist, Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library and Museum)
* Susanne Belovari, Steering Committee Member at-Large, Archivist for Faculty Papers, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
* Brad Bauer, Steering Committee Member at-Large (Special Collections Librarian and University Archivist, NYU, Abu Dhabi)
See the IAAS webpages on the SAA website.